Update Posted on January 17, 2016
A small update on the project: The bombatuino is still in use and working without any problems yet. I am very proud of my work, but also afraid on extending it (
Never touch a running system). So technically there is no update or improvemet on it and I did not add any arcade push buttons as planned. I just moved the blog from wordpress to my homepage :D.
So with my previous blog entry from 2013, this project is finished. I am thinking about building another controller with a different microcontroller than the arduino and native MIDI usb support. I will report about any concrete ideas of course.